Fidonet Portal

From: Paul Quinn (3:640/384)
To: All
Date: Sun, 22.07.12 15:06
Nodelist flags - FTS-5001
Hi! Scott,

On Sun, 22 Jul 12, you wrote to me:

SL> [ On 2012-07-21 at 12:15:00, Paul Quinn wrote to Mark Lewis ]

PQ>> The bulk of nodelisted nodes flying 'Txy' seems to be in Zone 2.
SL> I count three as normal flags, two invalid entries (still flying
SL> conflicting TCP/TEL flags), and 1146 as userflags.

I thought I was the only one with too much time on his hands. Wow! Some
actual stats. Smile

SL> Seems the common practise has spoken.

That's what I thought as well.

PQ>> However, I don't relish the prospect of placing a ',U,Txy' override
PQ>> in my mailer for those nodes I wish to contact that may already have
PQ>> a 'Txy' flag! My own systems included! Smile

SL> I can correct this in software for the weekly nodelist release if
SL> need be, but since there's only three nodelist entries involved, and
SL> the specs are clearly out of touch, it would seem the best and
SL> easiest solution is to correct it at the source.

Yeah, you're correct. (Aren't they Mark's nodes as well? Going on memory
here.Wink In my case I'll redo the pointlist entry, and discard the override in
Radius. ;-) Since most of my out-of-zone calls are to Zone 2 systems then no
other changes are required.

PQ>> If it is (a more) common practice to prefix 'Txy' with ',U,',
PQ>> then shouldn't the FTS doco reflect this?!?

SL> Yes. Oopsie ;)

[Mmm... 2004... smirk] Who do I see to get this done? Michiel?

Cheers,
Paul.

---
* Origin: A system event? Wow! Can I get tickets? (3:640/384)