Fidonet Portal

From: Robert Clay (1:120/546)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 15.08.11 15:11
fidoonet.net
Hi Michael!

>>> Ah.. ok. I had noticed that fidonet.net expired as well.
>> The domain fidonet.net does appear to have been renewed, on 27
>> July, though only for a year...
> Really?
> [mike@miked ~]$ whois fidonet.net
> [...]

Hmmm.. I was going by the first part of that:

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered with many
different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net for detailed
information.

Domain Name: FIDONET.NET
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM
Name Server: NS2.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM
Updated Date: 27-jul-2011
Creation Date: 22-jul-1997
Expiration Date: 21-jul-2012

The latter part of that same output is the same as what you noted, so I'm
not entirely sure now what the "Updated" & "Expiration" dates shown there refer
to...

I'll see what I can find out about this. (I'm the admin for
z1.fidonet.net, so I also have a concern...Wink

Jame

--- BBBS/LiI v4.01 Flag
* Origin: Rocasa BBS (1:120/546)