Fidonet Portal

From: Gary Perkins (1:393/31)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 13.08.11 17:54
Error in the your node
Re: Error in the your node
By: Michael Dukelsky to Robert Clay on Sat Aug 13 2011 09:03 pm

> >> Ah.. ok. I had noticed that fidonet.net expired as well.
>
> RC> The domain fidonet.net does appear to have been renewed, on 27
> RC> July, though only for a year...
>
> Really?

What I can't believe is what I saw when I checked fido.net. Looks like someone
grabbed it all the way back in 1995, and while they refers to themselves as
just "Fido", the banner at the top of the page reads "fido.net"; the way the
graphics are done makes it look more like just "fidonet".

I read a post recently from Janis that Tom let the trademark expire. Too bad.

--- SBBSecho 2.12-Win32
* Origin: SETX Chat and BBS - Vidor, TX (1:393/31)