Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 11.08.11 18:41
Re^5: Error in the your node
Hi Vladimir!

>>> Not need - I poll Ward's node every 5 minits Smile , so if it will
>>> work I send and get all automatically.

>> Of course Smile

> His node work now!

>> Ok, so 217 didn't get made yet over there.. I _did_ receive the zone 2
>> segment for week 217, though.

> Yes, and it is equal my 215 nodelist as I think.

Ok, that makes sense.

>> As you first mentioned, the change for binkp.net will not be applied
>> until Ward returns.. or maybe he can get someone to reboot his
>> system..

> Reboot was IMHO.

>> hehe.. over here in New York, we would say his computer needs a 'smack
>> upside the head' (knock some sense into that computer Wink

>At the time of dialup I know release anti-crach system for reboot node compute
> by unanswer after many rings...

I bet that was very helpful for sysops Smile

>Now I see intellectual UPS which can reboot
>power by Internet connecting. But this is professional decide, not for FIDO-wa
> Smile .

hehe true Smile That reminds me that I do have to buy another UPS someday soon..
The one I had on my linux box is "dead" .. Sad Not a good way to run linux Sad

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)