Fidonet Portal

From: Vladimir Donskoy (2:5020/2992)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 11.08.11 13:11
Re^5: Error in the your node
Hello Janis!

Wednesday August 10 2011, Janis Kracht wrote to Vladimir Donskoy:

>>> Ah.. ok. I had noticed that fidonet.net expired as well. I also
>>> have not received a new Zone 2 Segment yet for week 224 from Ward's
>>> system. The new Zone 2 segment usually comes here on Monday, so I
>>> can incorporate it into the next nodelist for Zone 1.. so right now
>>> ZONE2.224 segment is MIA.

>>> Well, if his system does make the segment, and I get it here, I
>>> will let you you know over here in this echo.

>> Not need - I poll Ward's node every 5 minits Smile , so if it will
>> work I send and get all automatically.

JK> Of course Smile

His node work now!

>>> Have you gotten nodelist.210, and nodelist.217 over there? Those
>>> segments did get here and I did incorporate any changes in them
>>> into the Zone 1 nodelist, FWTW.

>> Ward make everyday nodelist, so I have last nodelist.215 .

JK> Ok, so 217 didn't get made yet over there.. I _did_ receive the zone 2
JK> segment for week 217, though.

Yes, and it is equal my 215 nodelist as I think.

>> Lists from zone 1 is incompatible with Ward's - another order of
>> zone-segments and prolog-epilogue.

JK> Yes, and more, Vladimir .. the CRC's are different as well - the
JK> nodediff from Z2 can't be applied... I was just wondering if those
JK> nodelists were made. Obviously, his system stopped making them around
JK> nodelist.215. That answers my question

CRC may be correct, by new diff (Z2->Z1). So - this transfer theoretically
possible, but now not need.

>> If you will IC - then lists from you as IC will are
>> correspondent Policy and we may change to its (may be)... But now -
>> no.

JK> As you first mentioned, the change for binkp.net will not be applied
JK> until Ward returns.. or maybe he can get someone to reboot his
JK> system..

Reboot was IMHO.

JK> hehe.. over here in New York, we would say his computer needs a 'smack
JK> upside the head' (knock some sense into that computer Wink

At the time of dialup I know release anti-crach system for reboot node computer
by unanswer after many rings... Now I see intellectual UPS which can reboot
power by Internet connecting. But this is professional decide, not for FIDO-way
Smile .

Regards, Vladimir Donskoy

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20110320
* Origin: DVB Station (2:5020/2992)