Fidonet Portal

From: Joe Bruchis (1:3828/12)
To: All
Date: Tue, 22.04.08 12:48
Antarctica
Ward Dossche wrote in a message to All:

WD> To all pseudo-scientists.
WD>
WD> The Alfred Wegener institute for Polar Research in Bremen, that is
WD> one of the leading authorities in Antarctic research, has announced
WD> that the current upcoming winter in Antarctica is the coldest ever
WD> recorded.
WD>
WD> There is a lot more icegrowth than before and the temperatures of
WD> seawater are breaking cold records. Never before have such cold
WD> currents been registered.
WD> Take care,

I thought you were a proponent of global warming. I'm glad you realize the
warming theory is false. Or all you calling the A.W. Institute
pseudo-scientists? (-:

Regards,

Joe
--- timEd/386 1.10.y2k+
* Origin: D'Bridge 2.99/SR6 -={Fire on the Bayou}=- (1:3828/12)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Wed, 23.04.08 10:14
Re: Antarctica
DW> We're still two months before the Antarctic winter solstice. It's a bit
DW> early to be making generalizations about the winter weather, don't you
DW> think?

I'm not making statements, merely repeating what a reknowned German research
institute has to say.

\%/@rd

--- LIGHTHOUSE-DCD.ORG
* Origin: Many Glacier -o=O=o- Preserve - Protect - Conserve (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Wed, 23.04.08 10:18
Re: Antarctica
JB> I thought you were a proponent of global warming. I'm glad you realize
JB> the warming theory is false. Or all you calling the A.W. Institute
JB> pseudo-scientists? (-:

I have not stated the warming-theory is false. It is correct even.

From: Roger Nelson (1:3828/7)
To: All
Date: Sat, 26.04.08 07:58
Re: Antarctica
DW> A few people did. Most didn't. In 1977 (+/- a year or so) I bought some
DW> land in northern Alberta, Canada because I realized that, as the world
DW> warmed up, that area would become some of the best farmland in the
DW> world. I still own it, and my prediction still seems likely to be
DW> correct, but not as quickly as I thought back then.

Whether it does or not, that is some beautiful scenery there.

Regards,

Roger

--- D'Bridge 2.99
* Origin: NCS BBS (1:3828/7)

From: DAVID WILLIAMS (1:250/514)
To: All
Date: Sat, 26.04.08 12:10
Re: Antarctica
-> Whether it does or not, that is some beautiful scenery there.

It's nicer further west, in the mountains. My land is basically flat
prairie, a bit to the west of the Peace river, and an hour's drive
north of the town of Peace River. The area is the honey-making capital
of Canada.

dow
* Origin: The Bayman BBS,Toronto, (416)698-6573 - 1:250/514 (1:250/514)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Tue, 27.05.08 15:20
Re: Antarctica
Earl,

ET> I could not find a statement that said that "the current upcoming winter
ET> in Antarctica is the coldest ever recorded". However, I did find the
ET> following quote on their web site.

ET> "While the last Arctic summer was the warmest on record, we had a cold
ET> summer with a sea-ice maximum in the Antarctic."

ET> Can you point me to where you got your information?

Not anymore after the timeframe which passed, I'm sorry.

I do get quite some newsletters here which get read, then discarded.

If/when I come across it again, I will let you know.