Fidonet Portal

From: ED KOON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Thu, 01.11.18 11:07
Re: It's dead Jim..
> > <<tumble weed rolling by>>..................
>
> This used to be a pretty lively echo. It was begun as a `flame' echo,
> and it got pretty hot in here.
>
> Along came Ross Cassell.
>
> Cassell has been `collecting' moderatorship of echoes for a long time,
> now. And each time he `grabs' the moderatorship of an echo, two things
> happen;
>
> He changes the entire motif of the echo with a bunch of new rules, which
> have nothing to do with the echo's original purpose;
>
> And almost immediately the echo goes dead, except for an occasional posting
> by Cassell of his `rules'.
>
> It happened to this echo, the `Holysmoke' echo, and most every other one
> Cassell has taken over. Its dead in here because Cassell killed it.
> --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32

Just got notification I'm now the moderator of this conference. Guess ole
Ross Cassell is long gone. Whatever happened to Mad Dog Matzdobre the guy
who threatened to sue Fidonet? And Wayne Chirnside?
* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)

From: TIM RICHARDSON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.11.18 09:36
Re: It's dead Jim..
On 11-01-18, ED KOON said to TIM RICHARDSON:

> > <<tumble weed rolling by>>..................
>
> This used to be a pretty lively echo. It was begun as a `flame' echo,
> and it got pretty hot in here.
>
> Along came Ross Cassell.
>
> Cassell has been `collecting' moderatorship of echoes for a long time,
> now. And each time he `grabs' the moderatorship of an echo, two things
> happen;
>
> He changes the entire motif of the echo with a bunch of new rules, which
> have nothing to do with the echo's original purpose;
>
> And almost immediately the echo goes dead, except for an occasional posting
> by Cassell of his `rules'.
>
> It happened to this echo, the `Holysmoke' echo, and most every other one
> Cassell has taken over. Its dead in here because Cassell killed it.
> --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32

EK>Just got notification I'm now the moderator of this conference. Guess ole
EK>Ross Cassell is long gone. Whatever happened to Mad Dog Matzdobre the guy
EK>who threatened to sue Fidonet? And Wayne Chirnside?

I didn't know this echo was still on the backbone.

---
*Durango b301 #PE*
* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)

From: ED KOON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.11.18 18:32
Re: It's dead Jim..
> On 11-01-18, ED KOON said to TIM RICHARDSON:
>
> > > <<tumble weed rolling by>>..................
> >
> > This used to be a pretty lively echo. It was begun as a `flame' echo,
> > and it got pretty hot in here.
> >
> > Along came Ross Cassell.
> >
> > Cassell has been `collecting' moderatorship of echoes for a long time,
> > now. And each time he `grabs' the moderatorship of an echo, two things
> > happen;
> >
> > He changes the entire motif of the echo with a bunch of new rules, which
> > have nothing to do with the echo's original purpose;
> >
> > And almost immediately the echo goes dead, except for an occasional
posting
> > by Cassell of his `rules'.
> >
> > It happened to this echo, the `Holysmoke' echo, and most every other one
> > Cassell has taken over. Its dead in here because Cassell killed it.
> > --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
>
> EK>Just got notification I'm now the moderator of this conference.
Guess ole
> EK>Ross Cassell is long gone. Whatever happened to Mad Dog Matzdobre
the guy
> EK>who threatened to sue Fidonet? And Wayne Chirnside?
>

> I didn't know this echo was still on the backbone.

It's a Fidonet Classic!

* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)

From: TIM RICHARDSON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Sun, 25.11.18 19:09
Re: It's dead Jim..
On 11-23-18, ED KOON said to TIM RICHARDSON:

> I didn't know this echo was still on the backbone.

EK>It's a Fidonet Classic!

Where's Wayne Chirnside when you need him!

---
*Durango b301 #PE*
* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)

From: ED KOON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Tue, 18.12.18 20:13
Re: It's dead Jim..
> On 11-23-18, ED KOON said to TIM RICHARDSON:
>

> > I didn't know this echo was still on the backbone.
>

> EK>It's a Fidonet Classic!
>

> Where's Wayne Chirnside when you need him!

Either in rehab or jail Smile

* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)

From: TIM RICHARDSON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.12.18 17:29
Re: It's dead Jim..
On 12-18-18, ED KOON said to TIM RICHARDSON:

> On 11-23-18, ED KOON said to TIM RICHARDSON:
>

> > I didn't know this echo was still on the backbone.
>

> EK>It's a Fidonet Classic!
>

> Where's Wayne Chirnside when you need him!

EK>Either in rehab or jail Smile

Jail would be my guess. He isn't smart enough to do rehab.

---
*Durango b301 #PE*
* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)