Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:261/38.9)
To: All
Date: Sat, 23.06.12 07:21
a neat little test of utf-8
Hey Dale!

DS> Maybe that is because you do not want to see.

Here is what I do see;

@REPLY: 1:261/38.9 ff000096
@MSGID: 1:261/1466.0 4fe52bcc

That is all. Nothing there to indicate conformity to the document in question.

DS> codes with the most significant bit set.

There is no such thing as "extended ASCII". It is bogus. 8 bit characters
yes, "extended ASCII" no. It is that simple.

DS> e.g. Bj.rn, jalape.o, saut., ., etc.

Hm. Looks to be jibberish. If indeed you are using cp437 then it should
convert to; "Björn, jalapeño, sauté, ¼, etc." But then how would any app
know for sure?

DS> And now you are moving from being condescending to being rude.

I would apologize if I believed you would accept it. However my apology would
be insincere and I am sure you would see through it.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Possunt quia posse videntur.
--- GNU bash, version 4.2.29(2)-release (x86_64-atom-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Pointy Stick Society (1:261/38.9)