Fidonet Portal

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12)
To: All
Date: Fri, 22.06.12 01:31
a neat little test of utf-8
ML> maybe i should quote some of his messages several times and see
ML> what comes out in the wash?

MK> I seriously doubt that has anything to do with the subject at hand,
MK> which I believe originates with
MK> observations/recommendations/complaints about fts-5003.

possibly... but my point was that if i view and quote it back in my main news
reader, if my settings are still to convert /to/ utf-8, then subsequent
quotings are going to result in the characters being doubly, triply, quadruply,
etc..., converted because they are above 127...

MK> Dale is just blowing smoke and is obviously annoyed that he hasn't

dale hasn't anything to do with the discussions like this that we (you and i)
have had over the years like this... i understand your wanting to move FTN
ahead and past the current backwards compatibility problems that there are but
it takes time and cooperation... i'm trying to work on an idea for a similar
news server like jamnntpd but i also want to work on a client at the same
time... plus there's this GUI paradigm thing to think about...

)\/(ark

* Origin: (1:3634/12)