Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Sun, 20.07.08 12:46
Ping
Hi Ross,

> Ok, shall I put the echoes listed in BACKBONE.DST into the NA file again?

My preference would be to keep certain echos in the .NA file even when there is
no traffic daily/weekly/monthly - whatever. Election echos, Administrative
echos (like this one) and technical and bbs software/mailer echos that are
still in use by the general fido population (like FD, Binkley, BinkD, Taurus,
Radius, Argus, etc). Yes that's adds probably more dead weight than you'd
like, but as I said, some of those areas are very useful areas at times, and
some of them are only active at certain times. The echos are there when needed,
and it also might prevent someone from creating another echo that is
'slow' or dead most of the time, but used when necessary. And as I
mentioned, some of them contain very useful information one might not want to
lose. Now those echos above may still be on the NA file, I haven't checked,
but if they are not, then I think they should be returned to it. JMHO.

>Until someone put a knock knock message in here, this very echo saw no traffic
> since Ward was the IC.

20th May, 2007 and 26th July, 2007 were the last two messages received here in
this echo, then July 8th 2008 by Dale.

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/LiI v4.01 Flag