Fidonet Portal

From: Daryl Stout (1:2320/33)
To: All
Date: Sun, 31.10.21 11:06
Windows 11 and Ryzen 7 17
Matt,

MM> It is a tragedy that MS will not move it to Windows 11.
MM> Perhaps I will do better with a Raspberry Pi or Mac computer.

I did a search (with DuckDuckGo) on the differences between
Windows 10 and 11. While I've found some differences, Microsoft
has a page telling what the system requirements are, and what
features were removed, among other items.

I didn't like them removing the Toolbar or view desktop folder
items from the taskbar, but I found I could pin the program to
the taskbar instead.

I do like the simpler Start Menu, and that I didn't have to
reinstall anything with the upgrade.

It does take a long time to download and install Windows 11,
and about as long for the installation to finalize...during the
latter, you can't do anything with the computer, except to be
sure it stays powered on.

Daryl

... Windows Vista7Up Virus: Renders 16-bit programs useless.
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas (1:2320/33)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Mon, 01.11.21 00:35
Re: Windows 11 and Ryzen
-=> On 10-31-21 11:06, Daryl Stout <=-
-=> spoke to Matt Munson about Windows 11 and Ryzen 7 17 <=-

DS> Matt,

MM> It is a tragedy that MS will not move it to Windows 11.
MM> Perhaps I will do better with a Raspberry Pi or Mac computer.

DS> I did a search (with DuckDuckGo) on the differences between
DS> Windows 10 and 11. While I've found some differences, Microsoft
DS> has a page telling what the system requirements are, and what
DS> features were removed, among other items.

DS> I didn't like them removing the Toolbar or view desktop folder
DS> items from the taskbar, but I found I could pin the program to
DS> the taskbar instead.

DS> I do like the simpler Start Menu, and that I didn't have to
DS> reinstall anything with the upgrade.

DS> It does take a long time to download and install Windows 11,
DS> and about as long for the installation to finalize...during the
DS> latter, you can't do anything with the computer, except to be
DS> sure it stays powered on.

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, A test for whether or not my
system can upgrade said that my system fails.
It is possible that the first two of its items could be fixed -- but I
do not really know what they are talking about nor how to do it.
[quote]
1. This PC must support Secure Boot.
2. TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.
TPM:TPM not detected.
3. The processor isn't currently supportd for Windows 11
Processor: Intel Core I7-3770 CPU@ 3.40GHz
[/quote]
Even though my processor is 8 years old, I think it is pretty powerful,
runs Win10 Pro 64 without a glitch.

I left everything you said in the quote in case someone else would like
the spoils of your research.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:47:04, 01 Nov 2021
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)