Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:397/22)
To: All
Date: Sat, 05.04.08 17:57
The last of the thre
05 Apr 08 08:13, Michiel van der Vlist wrote to Roy Witt:

MvdV> Hello Roy,

MvdV> On Friday April 04 2008 13:52, you wrote to me:

MvdV>>> Aks her how Noah managed to get a pair of every one of the
MvdV>>> billions of species on board.

RW>> Billions?

MvdV> The /documented/ number of insects already runs over a million. And
MvdV> that is just the insects...

Insects are known for their dormancy. During winter especially. Who knows,
maybe there weren't any antediluvian insects.

RW>> We can forget about the fishes

MvdV> Not the ones living is sweet water. Very few of them can survive in
MvdV> sea water.

All of them could, if they're acclamated properly. A God could do
that. Science would be in awe. Or should be.

I've set up salt water tank nitrides with fish that were slowly acclamated
to salt water. (real salt water fish cost too much to do that job) Since
rain is sweet water, the sea could have been salt-thinned over those 40
days and 40 nites. Enough for the fish God intended to survive.

RW>> and other sea creatures right up front. My question is; what do you
RW>> feed carnivores?

MvdV> What do you feed the elephants. Ask a zoo keeper about the
MvdV> *volume*...

a pair would eat. Not to mention the volume of feces they'd produce. Hmmm,
good fertilizer for the on-board methane reactor.

MvdV>>> And o yes ask her about the HIV virus. How did that get on
MvdV>>> board?

RW>> That's a simple one...it came on the back of the monkeys...just like
RW>> all the other germs and viri...

MvdV> All those thousends of documented parasites on just two monkeys? I
MvdV> think we we run into a volume problem again...

You're taking two literally. How many species of animals and birds are
there? They could all be carriers. But then, that's taking for granted
that those insects were around before the flood.

MvdV> And how about the viri that are so deady they kill within forty
MvdV> days? Ebola?

Just like the insects, maybe there wern't any such antedeluvian animals.
Gods can do anything, you know.

R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
* Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)