Fidonet Portal

From: Benny Pedersen (2:230/0)
To: All
Date: Tue, 14.09.21 20:03
bbbsd
Hello Alan!

12 Sep 2021 14:21, Alan Ianson wrote to Benny Pedersen:

AT>>> It works fine if I just run it on port 23 for telnet like this:
AT>>> sudo ./bbbsd 1 1 telnet:23

BP>> that should not work

AI> That does work except it should be telnetd:23. bbbsd listens itself to
AI> the ports given.

yep its still a security problem

AI>> sudo ./bbbsd 1 1 ftpd:21 telnetd:23 httpd:80 rawd:24554:binkp quiet
AI>> fork uid:alan

BP>> add 10000+portnum, and then in xinetd proxy native ports to the bbbs
BP>> binded ports

AI> I suppose that could work but I have never used inet.d or xinetd with
AI> bbbsd.

i have added my xinetd config to below gopher server at fido.junc.eu, in case
friends needs help Smile

AI> These days I use setcap to give bbbsd access to the lower ports so I
AI> don't need to start it as root or use sudo.

AI>> ./bbbs 1 1 tcpip

AI>> Or like this to log on locally..

AI>> ./bbbs 0

BP>> its greak to me Smile

AI> Yes, I need to shut down my bbbsd and pollers to add a few areas that
AI> were added recently but I have been reluctant to do that because I
AI> need to remember the paramaters to restart them. ;)

yep today linode.junc.eu is gone, no need for this vps anymore, i succesfully
did a dd o that server to my new home asus pn50, where i can mount it "mount -o
loop -t ext4 ddimagefile /mnt" Smile

on windows i had hoped for rufus would do this aswell, but non bootelble
ddimages is fatal, lol

AI> Ttyl Smile,
AI> Al

AI> ... This login session: $13.99, but for you $11.88

i need to pay less on linode.com now Smile

Regards Benny

... too late to die young Smile

--- Msged/LNX 6.1.2 (Linux/5.13.16-gentoo-dist (x86_64)Wink
* Origin: gopher://fido.junc.eu/ (2:230/0)