Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:261/38.9)
To: All
Date: Mon, 18.06.12 20:05
a neat little test of utf-8
Hey Scott!

Still morning here.

SS> UTF-8 via configuration hacks

Ah! I am doing the reverse in one echo - utf-8 to cp437 via a bash script.
When editting (vim) it is still utf-8 and gets converted when the script 'sees'
the echotag in question just prior to packing. I borrowed the idea from a
Russian sysop although I am not sure if he intended it be used this way. What
the hay, it works.

SS> I can read and post any UTF-8 character from Thunderbird

Okay. I was under the impression you were still using msged which is why I
guessed you could only post one character set at a given moment. I had to
cheat when I was using msged. With vim everything is utf-8 so I now have to
reverse the process where applicable.

SS> (Chinese-Simple)是或?是。

I currently lack the fonts for displaying Asian characters. Those show up as
reversed question marks. How about the above quote at your end? The rest all
display fine.

SS> now I'm just showing off

Looks great here. I suggest we enjoy it while we still can.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Это всё для меня греческий язык.
--- GNU bash, version 4.2.29(2)-release (x86_64-core2-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Pointy Stick Society (1:261/38.9)