Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:261/38.9)
To: All
Date: Tue, 05.06.12 08:12
fts-5003.001
Hey Mark!

ML> ok so out of 9000+ systems in fidonet, you and those other few
ML> make up what?

Depends if you count the systems that can. Potentially that could be 9000+. I
refer to Dale Shipp's original reply to me as evidence that the system is
capable without the knowledge of the sysop ... or even a CHRS kludge, nevermind
a 'proper' one.

ML> that's in your little world

Possibly. I do know that there are many Windows based systems that are using
vim to do utf-8. How many in Fidonet? Beats me but I am guessing not many or
at least not many using it for FTN messaging. I honestly don't know and for
sure don't know how many can and aren't even aware that they can or could if
they wanted to.

ML> so what's the real difference between adding 0000 to a number and
ML> adding a -0000 to the same number?

Most, if indeed not all, timedate based apps will output an error to '0000'.
Both '+0000' and '-0000' will be successful and produce the same result but do
not carry the same meaning within a timedate string.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Это всё для меня греческий язык.
--- GNU bash, version 4.2.29(2)-release (x86_64-core2-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Pointy Stick Society (1:261/38.9)