Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:261/38.9)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.06.12 22:04
fts-5003.001
Hey Mark!

ML> who else is using UTF-8 in all their messages written in fidonet?

From what I've witnessed so far I come the closest to the above. Not all my
messages have been utf-8 but I am sure I have the greatest percentage. However
there could easily be more out there as I have witnessed a few messages that
are truly utf-8 encoded so I know it is being done at some level within
Fidonet.

ML> what software are they using?

Hard to say for certain but vim looks to be the editor of choice or at least
producing the greatest amount of utf-8 messages I have seen. This reply is
using vim. As for packing etc. I am using bash script(s) to produce the
outbound ftn compliant messages suitable for uploading to the mothership.
Looks to be working good from the responses it gets especially from those who
believe what I am doing is 'wrong'. ;-)

ML> was this proposed fix in the date/time string stuff?

That one was different and it has already been addressed ... for now. I
reserved the right to potentially protest about it in the future if I choose to
do so. Smile

I have a routine that handles the incorrect lack of a '+' character where
applicable and am currently not adding it to the TZUTC kludge which I know is
truly wrong given that this is a UTC based system and that it should really be
"+0000" and not just "0000". I could put in "-0000" without breaking anything
but then that would be a lie.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Это всё для меня греческий язык.
--- GNU bash, version 4.2.29(2)-release (x86_64-core2-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Pointy Stick Society (1:261/38.9)