Fidonet Portal

From: Al DeRosa (1:267/157)
To: All
Date: Sat, 18.12.21 13:31
Dreaded Error 200..
Anyone have any tips to get rid of it, I run PATCHCRT on the files and
sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.. Not overly familiar with DosBox but
if that will solve the problem I will give it a shot. Any ideas?!?!?!

... I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed.

* Origin: The Wrong Number Family Of BBS' - Wrong Number ][ (1:267/157)

From: T.J. Mcmillen (1:129/305)
To: All
Date: Sat, 18.12.21 16:57
Re: Dreaded Error 200..
AD> Anyone have any tips to get rid of it, I run PATCHCRT on the files and
AD> sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.. Not overly familiar with DosBox
AD> if that will solve the problem I will give it a shot. Any ideas?!?!?!

There's PATCHCRT, TPPATCH, CRT200, there are like 10 different ones and each
one patches differently, so one may work where another doesn't. Also, there
are some that are just because the way the program was writen (take EZ-ROM
CD-ROM door 2.2 won't patch, but 2.1 will). It's hit or miss. DOSBOX will
usually let the things run tho. If you need any of those RTE200 telnet over.

... Bill your doctor for the time spent in the waiting room

--- Renegade v1.30r1/Exp
* Origin: The Titantic BBS Telnet - ttb.rgbbs.info (1:129/305)

From: Daryl Stout (1:2320/33)
To: All
Date: Sat, 18.12.21 13:50
Re: Dreaded Error 200..
Al,

AD> Anyone have any tips to get rid of it, I run PATCHCRT on the files and
AD> sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.. Not overly familiar with
AD> DosBox but if that will solve the problem I will give it a shot. Any
AD> ideas?!?!?!

You can also try TP7P5FIX -- I have that in a file over here called
DOSFIX.ZIP -- and that's what I use.

AD> ... I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed.

Except from your hand to theirs. <G>

Daryl

... The views that are expressed in this message aren't mine.
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas (1:2320/33)

From: Al DeRosa (1:267/157)
To: All
Date: Sat, 18.12.21 20:53
Re: Dreaded Error 200..
On 18 Dec 2021, T.J. Mcmillen said the following...

TM> There's PATCHCRT, TPPATCH, CRT200, there are like 10 different ones and
TM> each one patches differently, so one may work where another doesn't.
TM> Also, there are some that are just because the way the program was
TM> writen (take EZ-ROM CD-ROM door 2.2 won't patch, but 2.1 will). It's
TM> hit or miss. DOSBOX will usually let the things run tho. If you need
TM> any of those RTE200 telnet over.

Thanks for the info. Actually after I posted the message, I came across a
message somewhere in my google search to use UNP to uncompress the file then
run patchcrt on it and it did the job. Though I am sure i will come across
others that won't work that way.. THanks again for the info..

AL

... What was the best thing before sliced bread?

* Origin: The Wrong Number Family Of BBS' - Wrong Number ][ (1:267/157)

From: Al DeRosa (1:267/157)
To: All
Date: Sat, 18.12.21 20:54
Re: Dreaded Error 200..
On 18 Dec 2021, Daryl Stout said the following...

DS> Al,
DS>
DS> You can also try TP7P5FIX -- I have that in a file over here called
DS> DOSFIX.ZIP -- and that's what I use.

Thanks Daryl, actually like I Said in a previous message I used UNP to
uncompress the files and was able to use patchcrt on them.. I do have the file
you mention and next time will try that.. Appreciate the info...

Al

... Operator, give me the number for 911

* Origin: The Wrong Number Family Of BBS' - Wrong Number ][ (1:267/157)