Fidonet Portal

From: Michiel van der Vlist (2:280/5555.1)
To: All
Date: Mon, 14.05.07 19:17
Worked All Continents....

BF> I do find it amusing however to switch between your, Ross' and my
BF> system -- three different continents by a click of a mouse. It's
BF> unfortunate that Doug's and Matt's systems don't seem to work any more
BF> -- but then again I already *do* have their continent covered.

BF> It would be nice to have someone from zone 4 or 5 set up a JamNNTPd
BF> server; then I would have almost the entire world available.

Hmmm... Reminds me of my other hobby: HAM radio. There are hams who make it a
point of contacting as many parts of the world as they can. A nice first start
is the WAC. Workes All Continents. Or if you want to keep it local, WAP; Worked
All Provinces.

Once I was driving through England on our way to Ireland with my father in his
VW camper. I had my HF rig installed in it and I made contact with a Swedish
HAM who was looking for all bayliffwicks in England or something like that. So
I kept the line open and we exchanged callsigns every 20 km or so while I was
moving west on the Motorway. Helped him to a lots of point for the award he was
hunting for.

Maybe we should do the same as the hams: issue awards for contacting BBSs...
;-)

Cheers, Michiel

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20060315
* Origin: Michiel's laptop, on the move somewhere.... (2:280/5555.1)