Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:397/22)
To: All
Date: Thu, 11.01.07 12:49
FidoNews Editor MIA?
11 Jan 07 10:50, mark lewis wrote to Roy Witt:

> [...]

MvdV>>> Of course. They can get echomail anywhere they want, but if they
MvdV>>> have no listed contact information, they are really operating as
MvdV>>> points and therefore should be listed as such. I.E. not in the
MvdV>>> nodelist.

RW>>> And apparently they're too stupid to find a free email address to
RW>>> put in the nodelist to make them contactable. Hotmail, Yahoo,
RW>>> Gmail, all of them must be full up...

ml>> errmmm... email addresses in the nodelist are for the transfer of
ml>> fidonet mail packets... not for direct personal contact... MIME and
ml>> UUencoded PKTs are a(nother) way of tunneling fidonet traffic in
ml>> much the same way as using FTP...

RW>> Then it wouldn't be against the rules to send them a netmail via
RW>> email.

ml> i dunno what "rules" per se' but yes... that would seem to be the
ml> idea...

Which is why most people who are listed in that manner have it that way.
Personal communication when nothing else seems to work.

ml> i made my comment with the vision of someone bitching because
ml> they sent email to a robot address and were complaining because no
ml> human responded ;)

And then there is the email sent to the robot and a human does answer. As
in echolist robot.

R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
* Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)