Fidonet Portal

From: August Abolins (1:396/45.29)
To: All
Date: Wed, 08.09.21 08:15
Windows 11
Hello Kurt Weiske!

** On Sunday 05.09.21 - 08:55, Kurt Weiske wrote to August Abolins:

AA>> And.. if you're just running a bbs and old DOS apps, why
AA>> would "supported through 2025" even matter? Lack of
AA>> win10 support shouldn't affect your bbs, right?

KW> More concerned about security patches for the OS than
KW> compatibility with my apps and the OS - as long as it runs
KW> the BBS.

I suppose if you're also using the Win10 machine for the BBS as
well as for internet-things then the security patches migh
matter.

Even so, I find that the vast majority of problems occur from
phishing scams that lure people to nefarious sites and THEN get
the damaging payload. But if you never click on an unsolicited
link in an email and stick with familiar sites, you can hum
along nicely without more "patches".

KW> I have a Proxmox server with support for LXC and Linux
KW> VMs, a VM running Kubernetes, a Raspberry Pi and a VPS. I
KW> should be able to find a non-windows host somewhere in
KW> that mix when I choose to move. Smile

Kubernetes intrigues me. I'd love to see how it's actually
used. Just reading about it gives me a headache. I don't
understand how it works or why it is needed.
--
../|ug

--- OpenXP 5.0.50
* Origin: (1:396/45.29)