Fidonet Portal

From: Ed Vance (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Tue, 07.09.21 10:28
Need a Chromebook Helper
09-04-21 21:45 August Abolins wrote to Ed Vance about Need a Chromebook Helper
Howdy! August,

AA> @MSGID: <6134338A.2277.windowsb@capitolcityonline.net>
AA> @REPLY: <612E6186.2268.windowsb@capitolcityonline.net>
AA> Hello Ed Vance!

AA> ** On Tuesday 31.08.21 - 13:00, Ed Vance wrote to August Abolins:

EV> 03-28-20 02:16 August Abolins wrote to Ed Vance about Need
EV> a Chromebook Helper Howdy! August,

EV> Back a Year and a Half ago after I read and answered a
EV> message From You, To Me in the other Windows Echo I forgot
EV> about Your message in "THIS" Echo. back then.

AA> What other Windows echo do you mean? WIN95?

Yes.

EV> I just wanted to say "Thank You" for the information about
EV> my wanting to learn about how to get a Chromebook type
EV> emulator on XP to play with CHROME OS.

AA> Glad to have been of assistance.

EV> One ROUNDTUIT completed in 1 1/2 Years. (finally)

EV> Thanks Again for the help.
EV> Which proves that I'm not too far gone to be helped.

AA> How did the play with CHROME OS go? Was it anything like you
AA> expected? Are you using it as a solution on any particular PC?

I have played with demo Chromebooks in stores.
After a couple times using them as Guest and not seeing all that was
available on the Chromebook I created an account with a FAKE name and
a Gmail account I never would need again and didn't see anything that
excited me, so I forgot about wanting one.

What I've read so far looks like the Chromebook seems to be a "Cloud"
computer that NEEDS a internet connection to a Server where MY Files
are stored.

The files I would create on it wouldn't be kept locally, so I'm
UNenthused about trying/buying a Chromebook now.

If I want to share a File with somebody else, I can do that.
If the File is too large to attach to a Email I can make a CD and
send it by mail.

I'm not that cheap - even though my Family tree goes back to a Lady
from Scotland who married a Irishman here in the United States Of
America.

Thanks to You and All the Others Who posted Replies to Me about the
Chromebook.

I LOVE BBSing!

73 (Best Regards) de (From) Ed W9ODR dit dit

... Press CTRL-ALT-INS-DEL-PGDN-PGUP-END-HOME-SHIFT-PAUSE to continue...
--- MultiMail/MS-DOS v0.49
* Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)