Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:261/38.9)
To: All
Date: Fri, 01.06.12 09:14
just checking
Hey Mark!

MK> In reality there was; the codes within his quotes were indeed utf-8
ML> you cannot count on that.

Apparently I can. That actually surprised me when I saw it firsthand but there
they were as plain as day. I am still suffering from mild shock over it. Just
when I thought it was safe to go back into the water too. :-/

ML> we wouldn't have this chrs compatibility "DOS think" problem

Right. Granted I am the last one that would speak on behalf of DOS-think but
there appears to be at least one DOS-think editor that got it right. It
doesn't appear to be accidental either. What are the odds against that
happening?

ML> while your observations may be validated, the presumptions are
ML> flawed

So what is the correct presumption?

Life is good,
Maurice

... Это всё для меня греческий язык.
--- GNU bash, version 4.2.28(2)-release (x86_64-core2-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Pointy Stick Society (1:261/38.9)