Fidonet Portal

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12)
To: All
Date: Fri, 01.06.12 01:56
just checking
ML> there is nothing in dale's message indicating that there are any
ML> utf-8 characters in it

MK> In reality there was; the codes within his quotes were indeed utf-8

you cannot count on that... if we could, we wouldn't have this chrs
compatibility "DOS think" problem... that those characters happened to fit into
a certain decoding format doesn't count... especially since there is no
indicator in the message for that format...

[trim]

ML> based on the message's character control line...

MK> Obviously that idea is majorly flawed. I have seen the evidence
MK> firsthand that this is so.

while your observations may be validated, the presumptions are flawed...

)\/(ark

* Origin: (1:3634/12)