Fidonet Portal

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12)
To: All
Date: Thu, 31.05.12 20:31
fts-5003.001
SS> how about instead of obsolete - "optional"

MK> Not that it is up to me but I would insist on "obsolete" simply
MK> because "optional" will only encourage poor programming choices
MK> like "CHRS: UTF-8 2" which is totally bogus.

the FTSC doesn't set standards or coding practises for FTN software... we
document existing standards... when an existing standard needs to be revised,
we do that... if standard practise has changed with regard to that standard,
then we adjust the standard to match... but not before...

i want to thank you, too, for pointing out that that document may need to be
looked at... it is possible that it has already been updated and you have an
old version ;)

)\/(ark
member, FTSC

* Origin: (1:3634/12)