Fidonet Portal

From: IB JOE (1:342/200)
To: All
Date: Sun, 16.09.18 23:28
DB
Looking over DB, once again, I had it up and running a few years back... I
should have kept the running copy I had.

I don't have a nodelist, do I need one?? Say no please....

I want to poll my hub via binkp and it doesn't seem to want to do it.

I see something in the queue but it says hold/unlisted ...

Thanx
IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's Computer & BBS
Since 1991 joesbbs.com
--- SBBSecho 3.05-Linux
* Origin: Joe's Computer & BBS (1:342/200)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 17.09.18 03:27
Re: DB
On 16 Sep 18 21:28:23, Ib Joe said the following to All:

IJ> Looking over DB, once again, I had it up and running a few years back... I
IJ> should have kept the running copy I had.
IJ>
IJ> I don't have a nodelist, do I need one?? Say no please....

If the file DBNL.AUT is created, the mailer will use this. For example:

,1:229/107,The_Cube_BBS,Ottawa_ON,Wayne_Robinson,-Unpublished-,9600,CM,XX

Yes, a 4D address is present in the line of text.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: IB JOE (1:342/200)
To: All
Date: Mon, 17.09.18 06:39
Re: DB
Re: Re: DB
By: Nick Andre to Ib Joe on Mon Sep 17 2018 01:27 am

NA> On 16 Sep 18 21:28:23, Ib Joe said the following to All:

IJ>> Looking over DB, once again, I had it up and running a few years
IJ>> back... I should have kept the running copy I had.

IJ>> I don't have a nodelist, do I need one?? Say no please....

NA> If the file DBNL.AUT is created, the mailer will use this. For example:

NA> ,1:229/107,The_Cube_BBS,Ottawa_ON,Wayne_Robinson,-Unpublished-,9600,CM,XX

NA> Yes, a 4D address is present in the line of text.

I can create this with a text editor??

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 17.09.18 09:12
Re: DB
On 17 Sep 18 04:39:25, Ib Joe said the following to Nick Andre:

IJ> NA> If the file DBNL.AUT is created, the mailer will use this. For example
IJ>
IJ> NA> ,1:229/107,The_Cube_BBS,Ottawa_ON,Wayne_Robinson,-Unpublished-,9600,CM
IJ>
IJ> NA> Yes, a 4D address is present in the line of text.
IJ>
IJ> I can create this with a text editor??

Yes. Once completed, recompile the nodelist then add the system to
Config-Internet and other screens.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Ib Joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Fri, 21.09.18 15:26
Re: DB
Re: Re: DB
By: Nick Andre to Ib Joe on Mon Sep 17 2018 01:27 am

Nick.... does DB's BinkD do mail/file boxes??

Thanx
IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's Computer & BBS
Since 1991 joesbbs.com
--- SBBSecho 3.05-Linux
* Origin: Joe's Computer & BBS (1:342/201)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.09.18 08:03
Re: DB
On 21 Sep 18 13:26:00, Ib Joe said the following to Nick Andre:

IJ> Nick.... does DB's BinkD do mail/file boxes??

In what way?

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Joe Schweier (1:342/200)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.09.18 06:41
Re: DB
NA> On 21 Sep 18 13:26:00, Ib Joe said the following to Nick Andre:

NA>IJ> Nick.... does DB's BinkD do mail/file boxes??

NA> In what way?

NA> Nick

Other forms of binkd mailers alow files to be sent by creating a directory,
linking it to a node address and it'll send out what is in that directory to
that node....

FD calls it a static queue... mail tossers, a few of them anyway, can toss
files directly to a DIR to send files out... I guess this would have been good
during the FTP/Mail days. I think BinkD does it and I know Internet rex does
it.

I just drop a file, any file, in the defined direectory and off it goes.

Thanx

--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: Joe's Mail System (1:342/200)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.09.18 18:04
Re: DB
On 22 Sep 18 04:41:25, Joe Schweier said the following to Nick Andre:

JS> Other forms of binkd mailers alow files to be sent by creating a directory,
JS> linking it to a node address and it'll send out what is in that directory t
JS> that node....
JS>
JS> FD calls it a static queue... mail tossers, a few of them anyway, can toss
JS> files directly to a DIR to send files out... I guess this would have been g
JS> during the FTP/Mail days. I think BinkD does it and I know Internet rex do

I think I understand.

BinkD does use the concept of "mailboxes", but, I have tried very hard to
integrate this into the mailer in a way to avoid confusion for everyone. The
reason is because the D'Bridge queue is Dynamic. That means, it does not use
directories but a combination of text-based Queue files, packets and
compressed mail (XMAIL). The directories/mailboxes in BinkD are unique and in
Base36 format. I do not recommend dropping files into those directories.

You can send files to another systme using the DBUTIL [priority] SEND command.
For example, DBUTIL NORMAL SEND 1:229/426 C:\FOR-NICK.ZIP would send that file
to my system. When the mailer runs, it builds a dynamic entry for 229/426 and
when the transaction is made, the file is moved to the appropriate Binkd
directory (or send via dialup). The end-user need not worry about what
directories are what.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Wed, 26.06.19 17:13
Re: DB
RN> In my POINTS.LST (on the same line) I have 1:3828/7.1

RN> I know I'm being stubborn about this, but what if I pick up anothe point
RN> or two?

Buying them a cool beer on a hot day would be appreciated I guess...

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Wed, 26.06.19 19:03
Re: DB
RN>WD> Buying them a cool beer on a hot day would be appreciated I
RN>WD> guess...

RN> If I could get the right kind of beer. I have decided I like Guinness.
RN> (-:

Irish Guinness or British Guinness ?