Fidonet Portal

From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 01.04.20 21:44
SMTP Auth
Hi all!

Using smtp2go for a smarthost and for some reason when I go to try send my
messages, I get the following error:

200401 19:43 550 relay access denied - please authenticate

How do I pass my username and password on the 'bbbs bmtp r' command line to
authenticate to send?

--- BBBS/2 v4.10 Toy-4
* Origin: Omicron Theta/2 * Memphis, TN (1:261/20)

From: Sean Rima (2:263/1)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 05.04.20 21:38
Re: SMTP Auth
-=> Robert Wolfe wrote to All Hi all!

RW> Using smtp2go for a smarthost and for some reason when I go to try send
RW> my messages, I get the following error:

RW> 200401 19:43 550 relay access denied - please authenticate

RW> How do I pass my username and password on the 'bbbs bmtp r' command
RW> line to authenticate to send?

Same as you do it with NNTP , bbbs bsmtp R host,usermpassword

Sean

... The greatest man in history was the poorest.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
* Origin: TCOB1 online tcob1.duckdns.org telnet 60723 www 9080 (2:263/1)

From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 05.04.20 19:39
Re: SMTP Auth
> -=> Robert Wolfe wrote to All > Hi all!
>> Using smtp2go for a smarthost and for some reason when I go to try send
>> my messages, I get the following error:
>> 200401 19:43 550 relay access denied - please authenticate
>> How do I pass my username and password on the 'bbbs bmtp r' command
>> line to authenticate to send?
> Same as you do it with NNTP , bbbs bsmtp R host,usermpassword

'user,password' you mean? Let me see if I can try that again.

From: Sean Rima (2:263/1)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 13.04.20 23:07
Re: SMTP Auth
-=> Robert Wolfe wrote to Sean Rima -=> Robert Wolfe wrote to All > Hi all!
>> Using smtp2go for a smarthost and for some reason when I go to try send
>> my messages, I get the following error:
>> 200401 19:43 550 relay access denied - please authenticate
>> How do I pass my username and password on the 'bbbs bmtp r' command
>> line to authenticate to send?
> Same as you do it with NNTP , bbbs bsmtp R host,usermpassword

RW> 'user,password' you mean? Let me see if I can try that again.

Need new specs, did that work?

Sean

... MMmm MMmmm Good! Cream of Spotted Owl soup!

From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 13.04.20 19:42
Re: SMTP Auth
*** Quoting Sean Rima from a message to Robert Wolfe ***

RW> 'user,password' you mean? Let me see if I can try that again.

SR> Need new specs, did that work?

No, it did not.

--- Telegard/2 v3.09.g2-sp4/mL
* Origin: Omicron Theta/2 * Southaven, MS * os2bbs.org:2300 (1:261/20)

From: Sean Rima (2:263/1)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 17.04.20 22:57
Re: SMTP Auth
-=> Robert Wolfe wrote to Sean Rima Sean Rima wrote in a message to Robert Wolfe:

-=>> Robert Wolfe wrote to Sean Rima > Same as you do it with NNTP , bbbs bsmtp R host,usermpassword

RW>> 'user,password' you mean? Let me see if I can try that again.

SR> Need new specs, did that work?

RW> Sadly, no, it did not.

It has been a long time since I used it but I am sure that is how is was o is
it simikar to bpop user no commas, ie bsmtp [host] [username] [pass]

Sean

... Cowards take hostages, Klingons do not.--Worf

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 17.04.20 22:10
Re: SMTP Auth
Hi Sean,

>>> 'user,password' you mean? Let me see if I can try that again.

>> Need new specs, did that work?

>> Sadly, no, it did not.

> It has been a long time since I used it but I am sure that is how is was o is
> it simikar to bpop user no commas, ie bsmtp [host] [username] [pass]

Same here, it's been a long since I used it as well, but that is how I remember
using it.. Smile

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Sean Rima (2:263/1)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 20.04.20 20:51
Re: SMTP Auth
-=> Janis Kracht wrote to Sean Rima Hi Sean,

>>> 'user,password' you mean? Let me see if I can try that again.

>> Need new specs, did that work?

>> Sadly, no, it did not.

> It has been a long time since I used it but I am sure that is how is was o
is
> it simikar to bpop user no commas, ie bsmtp [host] [username] [pass]

JK> Same here, it's been a long since I used it as well, but that is how I
JK> remember using it.. Smile

The problem of course is very few sites allow straight smtp these days. It is
all SSL

Sean

... A pain in the butt may be a friend in need.

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 20.04.20 23:08
Re: SMTP Auth
Hi Sean,

>>> Need new specs, did that work?
>>> Sadly, no, it did not.
>> It has been a long time since I used it but I am sure that is how is was o
> is
>> it simikar to bpop user no commas, ie bsmtp [host] [username] [pass]

>> Same here, it's been a long since I used it as well, but that is how I
>> remember using it.. Smile

> The problem of course is very few sites allow straight smtp these days. It is
> all SSL

Yes, that is true...

Take care,
Janis