Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 14.03.20 17:21
https
Hello All,

I'd like to add a https:// service to bbbsd.

I have a certificate from letsencrypt but I am unsure how to add it to bbbs.

Any pointers?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: kishpa@beholderbbs.org (2:222/2)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 18.03.20 13:45
Re: https
To: bbbs-english-list@bbbs.net
From: Enric Lleal i Serra

Hi Alan,

On 14/3/20 15:21, bbbs-english-list@bbbs.net wrote:

> I have a certificate from letsencrypt but I am unsure how to add it to bbbs.

This can helps:

cat privkey.pem fullchain.pem > bbbsd.pem

> Any pointers?

Let me know if this works for you. ;-)

A reveure!!
Enric

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: * BCG-Box, On The Air Since 11th February 1987! * (2:222/2)

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 18.03.20 19:32
Re: https
>> I have a certificate from letsencrypt but I am unsure how to add it to bbbs.
> This can helps:
> cat privkey.pem fullchain.pem > bbbsd.pem
>> Any pointers?
> Let me know if this works for you. ;-)

That was just what I needed. Thank you.

I now have The Rusty MailBox running securely on the web. Smile

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
* Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)

From: kishpa@beholderbbs.org (2:222/2)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 19.03.20 12:32
Re: https
To: bbbs-english-list@bbbs.net
From: Enric Lleal i Serra

Hi Alan,

On 18/3/20 17:32, bbbs-english-list@bbbs.net wrote:

> That was just what I needed. Thank you.

Good to read it. ;-)

> I now have The Rusty MailBox running securely on the web. Smile

Great!

From: Robert Wolfe (1:116/18.12)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 29.08.20 23:53
Re: https
So i saw a Toy-5 in the origin line. Any idea as to when this will be
available for all supported platforms?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
* Origin: Omicron Theta/X * Southaven MS USA * os2bbs.org (1:116/18.12)

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 29.08.20 22:49
Re: https
Robert Wolfe wrote to All:

RW> So i saw a Toy-5 in the origin line. Any idea as to when this will be
RW> available for all supported platforms?

It's available at www.bbbs.net for linux, Pi, windows and OS/2. I don't know
if other platforms will or can be supported.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.7.18 (GNU/Linux-x86_64)
* Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)

From: Robert Wolfe (1:116/18.12)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 30.08.20 11:12
Re: https
> Robert Wolfe wrote to All:

>> So i saw a Toy-5 in the origin line. Any idea as to when this will be
>> available for all supported platforms?

> It's available at www.bbbs.net for linux, Pi, windows and OS/2. I don't know
> if other platforms will or can be supported.

I only saw Toy-4 there for download, which is what I have here now. I will
have to go back and take a look and see if I can grab Toy-5 Smile

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 30.08.20 13:47
Re: https
Robert Wolfe wrote to Alan Ianson:

RW> > It's available at www.bbbs.net for linux, Pi, windows and OS/2. I don't
RW> > know if other platforms will or can be supported.
RW>
RW> I only saw Toy-4 there for download, which is what I have here now. I
RW> will have to go back and take a look and see if I can grab Toy-5 Smile

You're right. I just checked my own BBBS and it is Toy-4.

Looks like Toy-5 is an up and coming version we will see when Kim has
completed the testing for it.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Hello, Lorena Bobbitt? This is Hillary Clinton ...

From: Robert Wolfe (1:116/18.12)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 30.08.20 21:21
Re: https
>> I only saw Toy-4 there for download, which is what I have here now. I
>> will have to go back and take a look and see if I can grab Toy-5 Smile

> You're right. I just checked my own BBBS and it is Toy-4.
> Looks like Toy-5 is an up and coming version we will see when Kim has
> completed the testing for it.

Yeah, too bad he doesn't let everyone test it Smile Kim, you around? Smile