Fidonet Portal

From: baden.kudrenecky@gmail.com (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Wed, 11.11.20 06:16
EPM Spelling
From: "baden.kudrenecky@gmail.com" <baden.kudrenecky@gmail.com>

I have long used Lexam with EPM. A few months ago, I got adventurous, and
decided to install multi-language support. My original Lexam did not seem to
support any other dictionaries at all,

1988/04/22 02:14:07 67584 lexam.dll

so I downloaded from Hobbes and installed epm_dicts.zip.

1993/05/24 15:22:04 106991 OSLEXAM.DLL

The newer DLL supports the many dictionaries well. Where it fails, is the
personal dictionary (LEXAM.ADL) seems to only partially function, which is an
enigma in itself. Also, the "Temp. Add" function does not work.

I ultimately reverted to the old DLL, as the missing functionality was a bigger
hindrance than the missing foreign dictionaries. Does anyone know how to get
everything functioning?

thanks,
Baden

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: baden.kudrenecky@gmail.com (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Fri, 08.01.21 23:45
Re: EPM Spelling
From: "baden.kudrenecky@gmail.com" <baden.kudrenecky@gmail.com>

Hi Ivan:

I just recently got back in action, as I had a computer meltdown in December.

Would you know what is required to use a "user.dic" rather than a LEXAM.ADL"?

My "LEXAM.ADL" is just a list of words.

thanks,
Baden

On Saturday, 14 November 2020 at 15:24:05 UTC-6, ivan wrote:
> Your problem might be using lexam.adl. I use several different
> dictionaries from IBMWorks and have one user.dic because I found
> lexam.adl didn't work with those.
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 04:16:10 UTC, "baden.ku...@gmail.com"
> <baden.ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have long used Lexam with EPM. A few months ago, I got adventurous, and
decided to install multi-language support. My original Lexam did not seem to
support any other dictionaries at all,

> > 1988/04/22 02:14:07 67584 lexam.dll
> >
> > so I downloaded from Hobbes and installed epm_dicts.zip.
> >
> > 1993/05/24 15:22:04 106991 OSLEXAM.DLL
> >
> > The newer DLL supports the many dictionaries well. Where it fails, is the
personal dictionary (LEXAM.ADL) seems to only partially function, which is an
enigma in itself. Also, the "Temp. Add" function does not work.

> > I ultimately reverted to the old DLL, as the missing functionality was a
bigger hindrance than the missing foreign dictionaries. Does anyone know how to
get everything functioning?

> > thanks,
> > Baden
> >

> --