Fidonet Portal

From: Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 18.10.20 10:38
Using the serial ports
From: Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson <johann@myrkraverk.invalid>

Dear c.o.o.m,

I just tried to connect Chessmaster 4000 (running in Win-OS/2) to
another instance over a virtual serial line in VirtualBox, however
it complained it couldn't access the serial port.

How do I make sure the serial driver is loaded, and the com port works
in OS/2 itself?

I am using ArcaOS, as I said in VirtualBox, so I thought this part
would be easy.

I naively tried to fopen( "com1", "r+" Wink but this did not work.

What is my next step?

--
Johann | email: invalid -> com | www.myrkraverk.com/blog/
I'm not from the Internet, I just work there. | twitter: @myrkraverk