Date: Thu, 01.02.18 00:00
OS2DOSBBS Echo Rules
|Posting Frequency: 1st of the month.
The objectives of the OS2DOSBBS echo are:
1. To provide a forum in which messages pertaining to running a DOS
based BBS under OS/2 can be exchanged. It is for the technical
support of OS/2 and DOS BBS interaction, not OS/2 programs.
2. To provide technical support for newcomers to running a DOS based
BBS under OS/2.
The rules under which messages are to be exchanged in this echo are:
0. The preferred language is English, but this is not compulsory. Since
most of the participants will be fluent in English, any problem
reports will receive the widest scrutiny if they are written in
1. Real names only. No pseudonyms, "handles", "monickers" or aliases.
2. Relevance to topic. Posts should pertain to installing, setting up
and operating a DOS based BBS specifically in the OS/2 environment.
3. Advertising. A maximum of 1 advertisement per month by the
author/publisher of software relevant to the topic of the echo will
be permitted. Other products must NOT be advertised.
4. No flaming or abusive language will be tolerated. Also, excessive
profanity is not permitted. Please remember the sensibilities of
others before you upload that QWK packet.
5. Let the moderator do the moderating. Do not reply to "test" messages
from BBSes that have just joined the echo. Do not reply to off-topic
messages or flames. These will all be dealt with by the moderator.
6. You may post uuencoded, xxencoded or base-64 encoded message only
with the PRIOR APPROVAL of the moderator. When asking for approval
please state the approximate size of the message, its content and
usefulness to the other participants of the echo.
7. The OS/2 platform is deemed to be:
Native OS/2, both text and PM;
Virtual DOS Machine (VDM & WIN-OS/2) session.
The only reason to discuss OS/2 programs in this echo will be if
those OS/2 programs provide features and capabilities specific to
running a DOS based BBS under OS/2.
8. High ASCII is permitted, except 'FF'X, but low ASCII (below '20'X)
is not permitted beyond the standard CR/LF/etc., characters.
Mark Lewis, 1:3634/12
* Origin: (1:3634/12)