Fidonet Portal

From: Michiel van der Vlist (2:280/5555)
To: All
Date: Fri, 20.04.12 17:51
time/date stamp kludge
Hello Ward,

On Friday April 20 2012 14:03, you wrote to me:

Mv>> SS> Thoughts?

Mv>> Dream on...

WD> A policy-change effort can easily be started if one other ZC wants to
WD> support the effort I wrote about previously.

WD> I hate the "can't be done"-way.

I, OTOH I am somewhat allergic to the "it must be possible" attitude.
Admittedly my allergy has not bothered me all that much any more since I no
longer have a boss that pays me to dance to his tune, but I fear I will never
get rid of it completely.

Having said that; my comment was not just about the change of policy itself,
but also about the mistaken idea that changing a few words in policy will
actually accomplish that all of Fidonet changes from local time to UTC.

Cheers, Michiel

--- GoldED+/W32-MINGW 1.1.5-b20110320
* Origin: http://www.vlist.org (2:280/5555)