Fidonet Portal

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Mon, 14.05.12 13:30
Opinion requested
We're being confronted with stray active nets in regions which sort of have
been abandoned. We're not talking big nets here, like maybe 1-3 nodes with very
little willingness by individual sysops to take up an RC-position.

I do not feel inclined to create a number of new 1-3 node regions.

What I would like to intend is to assemble these remaining nets and their
surving nodes in a "catch all" region where their initial nodelist-information
still is intact. Meaning no new net/node-information, all links still valid, no
points being bothered.

Any thoughts/ideas?

I'm not looking for volunteers (yet) to run this and I'm not really interested
why it won't work.

If someone finds it a bad idea, then please tell me why in your opinion that is
so and what would be a better solution.

Thank you.

\%/@rd Dossche
ZC2

--- D'Bridge 3.59
* Origin: Many Glacier / Protect - Preserve - Conserve (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Tue, 15.05.12 21:48
Re: Opinion requested
Ulrich,

US>WD> Any thoughts/ideas?

US> nothing special ...

Wasn't REGCON.EUR a restricted echo ? ?? Smile

\%/@rd

From: Benny Pedersen (2:230/0)
To: All
Date: Wed, 16.05.12 05:05
Re: Opinion requested
Hello Ward!

15 May 2012 19:48, Ward Dossche wrote to Ulrich Schroeter:

WD> Wasn't REGCON.EUR a restricted echo ? ?? Smile

same is netmail ? ?? Smile

Regards Benny

... there can only be one way of life, and it works Smile

--- Msged/LNX 6.2.0 (Linux/3.1.10-gentoo-r1 (i686)Wink
* Origin: home.junc.org where qico is waiting (2:230/0)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Wed, 16.05.12 12:34
Re: Opinion requested
Benny,

BP>WD> Wasn't REGCON.EUR a restricted echo ? ?? Smile

BP> same is netmail ? ?? Smile

Not according to Z1C. She believes it is perfectly OK to read in-transit
private-flagged netmail, act upon its content, possibly even delay though I
have no real proof of that prior to sending it on its way.

A Z1-sysop and I have baited the hook and she took it.

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Thu, 24.05.12 13:08
Re: Opinion requested
Vince,

VC> Must have far too much time on her hands, I can just about cover the
VC> stuff that is marked for me, along with the odd echomail area !!

I usually read mail in the morning after my morning-leak and with fresh coffee.
See what my brethren have written while I was asleep.

Also in the evening, to see the next cycle of messages as a response to my
morning-communications.

Other than that I have a family and a household and a million different things
to keep me busy.

The most important event this week for example was the first schoolday for my
2yr6mo old granddaughter.

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Sat, 26.05.12 02:40
Re: Opinion requested
VC> > The most important event this week for example was the first schoolday
VC> > for my 2yr6mo old granddaughter.

VC> Heck your neck of the woods (Belgium?Wink send 'em to school very early.

Kindergarten at 2yrs 6mo is acceptable provided the child is "clean" (you know
what I mean, I don't have the correct English terminology).

She goes half days only and when returning around noon is dead tired.