Fidonet Portal

From: Vincent Coen (2:250/1)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.07.21 18:07
Moving the system...
Hello Janis!

Wednesday July 21 2021 19:15, you wrote to Sean Dennis:

> I'm still having problems with ftp passwords for some of my users,
> like user "filegate". That user is the only one who is allowed to
> upload files on my ftp server and doggone it, I just can't get it to
> work. I have authors who send me files that way, and I really thought
> I had it squared away, but it's not working yet. So... authors are
> emailing me files to my gmail address (jmklou@gmail.com). Quite the
> bummer...

Check what content is in /etc/ftpusers, check /etc/passwd for the filegate
user
account and for the password is set using your system tool for the operation.

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v7.1 X64/Mbse v1.0.7.22/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)