Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Wed, 21.07.21 21:15
Moving the system...
Hi Sean,

>> Yeah, what a mass of wires, modems and connectors.. I also found stuff
>> I could have lived with out finding haha..

> Stuff you thought you got rid of years ago, eh? Been there, done that.

Umm.. yep, there was plenty of that, but worse were the dustbunnies that seemed
to have "life" eeek....

>still have an external USR Courier 33.6 v.everything modem I liberated from th
> trash heap at one of my former employers. Think I might still have the
> original manual too. Hoping to set up a POTS line one of these days just
> because I can.

I still have two V.Everything modems as well... and in another drawer of this
desk I also have an ISDN modem from U.S.Robotics... now that was a neat modem
Smile It could switch to V.Everything or ISDN as it needed to IIRC. It was
incredibly fast for transfers... I used that one a lot when we were living in
Louisville...

>> Took me a while to get things back in order, but I think all is good
>> now.

I'm still having problems with ftp passwords for some of my users, like user
"filegate". That user is the only one who is allowed to upload files on my ftp
server and doggone it, I just can't get it to work. I have authors who send me
files that way, and I really thought I had it squared away, but it's not
working yet. So... authors are emailing me files to my gmail address
(jmklou@gmail.com). Quite the bummer...

> I'm starting to work on it here. Found a bunch of semi-abandoned
> programming projects that I have an interest in again.

That's good Sean! I bet that will be fun to get into.

> (I didn't pick the tagline.Wink

> ... What you don't know can hurt you.

haha good one Smile

Take care,