Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:153/7001)
To: All
Date: Wed, 21.07.21 03:05
strong like bull, smart like tractor
-={ 2021-07-21 01:05:40.313284033+00:00 }=-

Hey Benny!

BP> Available versions: 8.2.0814-r100 **9999*l

-={ 'vim --version | head -4' starts }=-
VIM - Vi IMproved 8.2 (2019 Dec 12, compiled Apr 17 2021 16:02:22)
Included patches: 1-2604
Compiled by root@devo
Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
-={ 'vim --version | head -4' ends }=-

I have a newer version on my main box. The one above is on the server
(headless) that acts as the host for "Little Mikey's Brain". I am ssh'ed into
it as we speak. Works like a charm. As for the aarch64-unknown-linux-android
I am not sure what version it currently has but so far far it does EXACTLY what
I want from an editor ... and then some. It is overkill for fidonet MSG-ing
but I don't mind.

BP> okay, in bash i have a gopher server Smile

It doesn't surprise me.

BP> yes it could still be nice with termux hooks for make export
BP> tarball of current home dir so it can be restored withing termux
BP> on another android device

That is an excellent idea. The way things stand today that could be best
served via binkd as far as uploading the tarball to a suitable server such as
"Little Mikey's Brain". I'll need to encorporate a proper file area on there
soon for such activities.

MK>> a cheap knockoff like aarch64-unknown-linux-android. ;-)

BP> its soda-pop for me Smile

Smile

BP> you will have to wait long for that since gopher is read only
BP> server

I am in no rush.

BP> keep up the spirit

You too.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Hwylc bið se leasa freond? ...gefera to beode and na to neodþearfe.
Who is a false friend? A friend at table, not in time of need.
--- GNU bash, version 5.1.8(1)-release (x86_64-motorshed-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Little Mikey's Brain - Ladysmith BC, Canada (1:153/7001)