Fidonet Portal

From: August Abolins (2:221/1.58)
To: All
Date: Tue, 20.07.21 11:35
luckymobile +2GB extra deal
Hello Shawn!

SH> Unlimited Canada-wide calling for sure. As for texting...
SH> I just checked my plan and yes I do have international
SH> texting! I didn't know that.

I've never used the international texting, yet. I've always
wondered how those 5-6 digit "text to" numbers even worked.
Watching some of the programs from the USA would sometimes have
a "text to.." option if you wanted to rate a comment or voice
an opinion. I'm still leary to use those amidst all the
tracking capability and be suspected as a dissident! LOL

And.. I really don't have any international pals that I could
text to their phones anyway.

But.. you know, one thing that is really starting to irk me is
that more and more phone calls I make from my landline at the
shop go out as LD (customers adopting their favourite phone
number to their phones). I *could* text to all of them or just
use my cellphone to call and therefore have all those call
"free". BUT, I don't want people to think that they can call
me back on that darn device to ask questions or place orders!
LOL

For now, the "free" email-to-text system seems to work for
Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Koodo numbers without resorting to 3rd party
services.

--
../|ug

--- OpenXP 5.0.50