Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:153/7001)
To: All
Date: Tue, 20.07.21 02:21
strong like bull, smart like tractor
-={ 2021-07-20 00:21:57.230917019+00:00 }=-

Hey Benny!

BP> and vim have lua ?, then whole fidonet package could be writed
BP> in lua Smile

According to google there is a couple versions of lua for termux. I'll install
it the next time I fire up the tablet. Personally all my fidonet scripts are
bash including the two msgs I sent your way from the tablet. I also managed to
add the Old English taglines to the tablet as well so I know my stuff does work
without much modifications -> mostly paths. x86_64-motorshed-linux-gnu is a
regular linux system rather than a cheap knockoff like
aarch64-unknown-linux-android. ;-)

MK>> I believe this beats gopher. Smile

BP> not yet

Prove it. I have yet to see a msg coming from your gopher feed. That means
that as things stand today WeBeBashing is VASTLY superior as this reply will
attest to. You have a long ways to go just to catch up, nevermind beat.

BP> make it on termux

Agreed. So far I've ported my bash scripts from x86_64-motorshed-linux-gnu to
aarch64-unknown-linux-android so I am happy that I appear to be knowing what I
am doing. Also using binkd on both to upload/download pkts to/from so that is
covered without any harm to any other transfer protocol such as ftp.
read/write access to those in the know ... just like mom used to do.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Muþa gehwylc mete þearf, mæl sceolon tidum gongan.
Every mouth needs food; meals should come at the right time.
--- GNU bash, version 5.1.8(1)-release (x86_64-motorshed-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Little Mikey's Brain - Ladysmith BC, Canada (1:153/7001)