Fidonet Portal

From: Carol Shenkenberger (6:757/1)
To: All
Date: Thu, 28.12.06 15:01
Bannana bites
*** Quoting Ward Dossche from a message to Roger Nelson ***

WD> Roger,
WD>
> I grabbed a huge banana off a nearby plant a couple of days ago, thinking
> it was ripe because it was yellowish-brown, with more yellow than brown,
> but couldn't even peel it. I found out later on it wasn't ripe yet.
> Seems that process was stunted temporarily by the recent cold fronts we
> had come through here the past couple of weeks.
WD>
WD> Us westerners in general know only one kind of banana ... the yellow-o
WD> While there are over 40 different kinds in different colours and sizes

Saw a new one to me out here. The outside was a deep purple. I dunno what the
inside was though. Kinda shorter than the 'USA Yellows' (as we call those here
to distinguish them from the other types that are also 'yellow' on the
outside).

I've seen ones with the insides that are orangey, tan, or brown (yet not
over-ripe). There's one we call 'white' out here (it's not actually, it's just
a paler yellow). There's one we call 'straight' (has a lesser bend to it).
There's one we call 'lady fingers' (that might be actually a correct name for
thsat one, not sure though) which is just sweeter and much smaller.
xxcarol

--- Telegard v3.09.g2-sp4
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS, Sasebo Japan 81-6160-527330 (6:757/1)