Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:397/22)
To: All
Date: Thu, 28.12.06 10:42
FidoNews Editor MIA?
REPLY: 1:3828/7.0 593962f2
MSGID: 1:397/22 4593e6d0
PID: GED+W32 snapshot-2002.9.29
CHRS: CP437 2
TID: FastEcho 1.46.1 8614
28 Dec 06 05:03, Roger Nelson wrote to Roy Witt:

RN> Roy Witt wrote in a message to Roger Nelson:

RW>> After doing some research, I find that they probably would grow
RW>> here too. I just haven't seen any.

RN> Banana plants are all over the place in this area.

They're probably all over the place in Texas, closer to the gulf too.

RW>> We get a variation of both. This years El Nino has sent us rain
RW>> from the warm Pacific via Mexico. Then there are the times when the
RW>> lows from the Pacific NW come close enough to give us a cold spell
RW>> for a few days. The temps dip into the 30s and sometimes the 20s,
RW>> but it's never been that cold long enough to freeze anything solid.

RN> About the same here, then, only not as much rain.

The Texas gulf coast gets more rain than we do here. It'll be raining near
Corpus Christi and Houston this week, but not here.

R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
* Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)