Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:397/22)
To: All
Date: Wed, 27.12.06 17:07
FidoNews Editor MIA?
25 Dec 06 04:35, Roger Nelson wrote to Roy Witt:

RN> Roy Witt wrote in a message to Roger Nelson:

RW>> They have sweet bananas here for .40 cents a pound more than the
RW>> regulars.

RN> But they grow wild here!

After doing some research, I find that they probably would grow here too.
I just haven't seen any.

RW>> It's got to stay around longer. A couple of weeks of that should do
RW>> it.

RN> Too close to the Gulf for that to happen, although I'm sure it has
RN> and I don't remember. Winters in this area are usually three days of
RN> cold and three days of warm. The really bad stuff stays to the north
RN> of us except during hurricane season.

We get a variation of both. This years El Nino has sent us rain from the
warm Pacific via Mexico. Then there are the times when the lows from the
Pacific NW come close enough to give us a cold spell for a few days. The
temps dip into the 30s and sometimes the 20s, but it's never been that
cold long enough to freeze anything solid.

R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
* Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)