Fidonet Portal

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12.73)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 10.12.19 17:02
Questions about batch file
On 2019 Dec 09 00:26:38, you wrote to All:

SD> Needing a little help here...I wrote a simple batch file to process my
SD> weekly Fidonet nodelists. Should I be using something like nodelist.0??
or
SD> should I use nodelist.0* in the below batch?

i don't know that it matters but some positive critique maybe?

SD> === Cut ===
SD> @echo off
SD> cd\qnode
SD> if exist d:\bt\in\nodelist.z?? copy d:\bt\in\nodelist.z??

if exist d:\bt\in\nodelist.z?? move d:\bt\in\nodelist.z?? d:\qnode\

SD> for %%A in (nodelist.0?? nodelist.1?? nodelist.2?? nodelist.3??Wink do
SD> echo
SD> y|del %%A unzip nodelist.z?? echo y|del nodelist.z??

then you don't need the above part at all... but that kinda looks mangled,
now... i'd still do the move but i'm also still thinking in 4DOS/4OS2 mode...
i'd probably do something like

@echo off
d:
cd d:\qnode
if exist d:\bt\in\nodelist.z?? move d:\bt\in\nodelist.z?? d:\qnode\
if exist nodelist.0?? del /y nodelist.0??
if exist nodelist.1?? del /y nodelist.1??
if exist nodelist.2?? del /y nodelist.2??
if exist nodelist.3?? del /y nodelist.3??
unzip nodelist.z??
del /y nodelist.z??

it'll probably be faster than the loop but i dunno... it might also be "del /q"
but i don't recall the raw OS/2 del command options any more...

)\/(ark

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set
them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
... Your call will be ignored in the order it was received.
---
* Origin: (1:3634/12.73)