Fidonet Portal

From: Sean Dennis (1:18/200)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 28.08.19 14:13
Need some help
Hello All.

I need some help from my fellow sysops.

As many of you may know, I am the developer behind the Cheepware line of BBS
doors and utilities. I have been developing these programs since 1998. All of
my programs are freeware and soon will be open source.

I recently switched doorkits to Manndoor that allows me to create native doors
for the following operating systems: DOS, OS/2, Win32, and Linux. The Win32
executable also doubles as a WINServer-native door which means it reads
WINServer's internal files and doesn't need a drop file.

The DOS version can support DOOR.SYS and DORINFOx.DEF dropfiles.
The OS/2 and Win32 versions can support DOOR32.SYS dropfiles.
The Linux version can support all three.

All versions but DOS can support direct connections through a telnet server,
however, with the OS/2 version, I use DOOR32.SYS with a serial port telnet
engine (VMODEM).

I am working on the Linux doors. I have a 64-bit Slackware system with MBSE
set up.

The DOS door works but I am hunting down a non-fatal RTE right now.

What I need help with is testing.

For the OS/2 version, you need a BBS that is capable of creating a DOOR32.SYS
drop file. I have a working MECCA script for Maximus/2 that one can use as an
example. Since I use SIO/VMODEM, my DOOR32.SYS is set to use a serial
connection via VMODEM and not a direct telnet server connection.

I am trying to find out how many OS/2-native BBS software packages my doors
will work with and instructions on how to install the doors with these various
BBS software packages.

If you're interested in helping, please let me know. I prefer netmail and then
email (sysop@outpostbbs.net).

Any and all help would be appreciated. For your efforts, I'll compile a custom
version for your BBS saying the door is "registered" to you. Smile

Please note that there is a DOS version that uses DOOR.SYS and DORINFOx.DEF but
I am chasing down a non-fatal RTE in the program right now.

Thanks,
Sean

--- GoldED/2 3.0.1
* Origin: Outpost BBS * bbs.outpostbbs.net:2304 (1:18/200)