Fidonet Portal

From: Sean Rima (2:222/2)
To: All
Date: Fri, 21.02.20 20:03
Bterm on Linux
I downloaded bterm linux from Kim's page. However it keeps saying:

bash: ./bterm: No such file or directory

the directory contents are:

bbbs.001 bbbs.002 bterm btermcfg BTERM.doc LICENSE.txt scripts sysop.gui
sean@sean-K53U:~/bterm$

I tried btermcfg with the same result

Sean

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: * BCG-Box, On The Air Since 11th February 1987! * (2:222/2)

From: Dan Cross (3:770/100)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.02.20 15:50
Re: Bterm on Linux
On 21 Feb 2020 at 08:03p, Sean Rima pondered and said...

SR> I downloaded bterm linux from Kim's page. However it keeps saying:
SR>
SR> bash: ./bterm: No such file or directory
SR>
SR> the directory contents are:
SR>
SR> bbbs.001 bbbs.002 bterm btermcfg BTERM.doc LICENSE.txt scripts
SR> sysop.gui sean@sean-K53U:~/bterm$
SR>
SR> I tried btermcfg with the same result

Are the files executable? Check with `ls -l`.

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)

From: Sean Rima (2:263/1)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.02.20 11:39
Re: Bterm on Linux
-=> Dan Cross wrote to Sean Rima <=-

DC> On 21 Feb 2020 at 08:03p, Sean Rima pondered and said...

SR> I downloaded bterm linux from Kim's page. However it keeps saying:
SR>
SR> bash: ./bterm: No such file or directory
SR>
SR> the directory contents are:
SR>
SR> bbbs.001 bbbs.002 bterm btermcfg BTERM.doc LICENSE.txt scripts
SR> sysop.gui sean@sean-K53U:~/bterm$
SR>
SR> I tried btermcfg with the same result

DC> Are the files executable? Check with `ls -l`.

Yeah there are all there and executable. It is weird

Sean

... Sick? Twisted? Perverted? I like that in a person!

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
* Origin: TCOB1 online tcob1.duckdns.org telnet 9023 www 9080 (2:263/1)

From: Sean Rima (2:263/1)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.02.20 11:39
Re: Bterm on Linux
-=> Alan Ianson wrote to Sean Rima <=-

AI> Hello Sean,

SR> I downloaded bterm linux from Kim's page. However it keeps saying:

SR> bash: ./bterm: No such file or directory

AI> I think that's because you have 3bit executibles on a 64bit system?

AI> bterm is a copy of BBBS and likewise btercfg is a copy of bcfg4. Copy
AI> the lastest bbbs to bterm and bcfg4 to btermcfg into your BTERM
AI> directory and you'll be good to go.

I will have to try that. Although in a way, I have by passed the problem by
using iterm2 on my macBook with a trigger to download and upload mail files

Sean

... ?????h?? ?C*hanks for hanging up, dear.

From: Dan Cross (3:770/100)
To: All
Date: Sun, 23.02.20 01:18
Re: Bterm on Linux
On 22 Feb 2020 at 11:39a, Sean Rima pondered and said...

SR> DC> Are the files executable? Check with `ls -l`.
SR>
SR> Yeah there are all there and executable. It is weird

If you run `file bterm`, what does it say? It sounds
like the wrong ELF brand.

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)

From: Sean Rima (2:263/1)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.02.20 18:21
Re: Bterm on Linux
-=> Dan Cross wrote to Sean Rima <=-

DC> On 22 Feb 2020 at 11:39a, Sean Rima pondered and said...

SR> DC> Are the files executable? Check with `ls -l`.
SR>
SR> Yeah there are all there and executable. It is weird

DC> If you run `file bterm`, what does it say? It sounds
DC> like the wrong ELF brand.

I will log into the Linux laptop later and see, have to feed the dogs. I am
getting the stink eye

Sean

... Oxymoron: Silken Bonds.

From: Sean Rima (2:263/1)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.02.20 22:21
Re: Bterm on Linux
-=> Dan Cross wrote to Sean Rima <=-

DC> On 22 Feb 2020 at 11:39a, Sean Rima pondered and said...

SR> DC> Are the files executable? Check with `ls -l`.
SR>
SR> Yeah there are all there and executable. It is weird

DC> If you run `file bterm`, what does it say? It sounds
DC> like the wrong ELF brand.

32bit executable on a 64 bit system. Will move a copy of bbbs here, Though I
wish there was bterm for Mac

Sean

... Make like, peanut butter and jam.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
* Origin: TCOB1 online tcob1.duckdns.org telnet 60723 www 9080 (2:263/1)