Fidonet Portal

From: Jeff Smith (1:282/1031)
To: All
Date: Sun, 16.02.20 02:03
All nodes busy?
Hello There,

I currently have the 22 node version of BBBS Toy-4. Since upgrading to the
current version I have noticed that I frequently (At least once a day) run out
of available nodes. I don't recall noticing this issue with previous versions
of BBBS. I use iptables to help manage port access. Recently I have
reconfigured bbbsd to run using all non-standard ports to see if that would
affect my bust port issue. It didn't seem to make a difference. Is there
something I am missing? Has anyone else had a problem with busy nodes with
BBBS?

Also, is there a way to monitor node usage and restart the bbbsd daemon if and
when BBBS runs out of available nodes. Currently either rebooting the PC or
killing and reloading bbbsd is the only way I can quickly get back my available
nodes.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jeff

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
* Origin: Fidonet: The Ouija Board - Anoka, MN - bbs.ouijabrd.net (1:282/1031)