Fidonet Portal

From: Jim Haight (1:322/757)
To: All
Date: Sun, 30.05.21 14:47
Iniquity BBS and Doors
Does anyone remember how to run door games with Iniquity? I've set up door
games under just about everything i.e., WWIV, VADV, Mystic, Synchronet, Ele,
Renegade, Telegard etc. Nothing I've tried seems to work and I am using the
appropriate dropfile designation in Iniquity which seems to call doors much
like Renegade. This might have to do with multi-node setups and putting the
drop file in a separate folder for each node which I've covered. Now this seems
to be problem solving 101 Surprised
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: (1:322/757)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 30.05.21 15:36
Re: Iniquity BBS and Doors
On 30 May 21 12:47:54, Jim Haight said the following to All:

JH> Does anyone remember how to run door games with Iniquity? I've set up door
JH> games under just about everything i.e., WWIV, VADV, Mystic, Synchronet, Ele
JH> Renegade, Telegard etc. Nothing I've tried seems to work and I am using the

Iniquity... is that the one that has a backdoor left in it?

Nick
--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Jim Haight (1:322/757)
To: All
Date: Mon, 31.05.21 10:57
Re: Iniquity BBS and Doors
> On 30 May 21 12:47:54, Jim Haight said the following to All:

> JH> Does anyone remember how to run door games with Iniquity? I've set up
> JH> door games under just about everything i.e., WWIV, VADV, Mystic,
> JH> Synchronet, Ele Renegade, Telegard etc. Nothing I've tried seems to work
> JH> and I am using the

> Iniquity... is that the one that has a backdoor left in it?

> Nick

Does it? I did not know if it did or not...
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: (1:322/757)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 31.05.21 11:09
Re: Iniquity BBS and Doors
On 31 May 21 08:57:06, Jim Haight said the following to Nick Andre:

> Iniquity... is that the one that has a backdoor left in it?
JH>
JH>
JH> Does it? I did not know if it did or not...

Pretty sure it was either that one or Oblivion/2.

Nick
--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Sean Dennis (1:18/200)
To: All
Date: Mon, 31.05.21 15:36
Re: Iniquity BBS and Doors
-=> Nick Andre wrote to Jim Haight <=-

NA> Pretty sure it was either that one or Oblivion/2.

I think it was Iniquity.

Later,
Sean

... The weed of crime bears bitter fruit.
--- MultiMail/Linux
* Origin: Outpost BBS * Johnson City, TN (1:18/200)

From: paul lee (1:105/420)
To: All
Date: Mon, 31.05.21 20:04
Re: Iniquity BBS and Doors
JH> > Iniquity... is that the one that has a backdoor left in it?
JH> > Nick
JH>
JH> Does it? I did not know if it did or not...

jACK pHLASH did some updates to fix y2k stuff some time back, and there IS a
current github Iniquity/2 project... but development seemed to have stalled
very early. Currently, it only has a scripting language that you can... code up
to handle users as they login. The link to that project is:

https://github.com/iniquitybbs/iniquity

And, heres jP's last updates logs for the old Iniq/2:

iq210jp.zip
that fixes y2k compliance and a variety of bugs by: jack phlash comments:
highly recommended if you want to run iniquity 2.0 [*****]

iq211jp.zip
that fixes y2k compliance and a variety of bugs and makes a few small
changes/improvements by: jack phlash comments: highly recommended if you want
to run iniquity 2.0 [*****]

iq21r3jp.zip
that fixes y2k compliance and a variety of bugs by: jack phlash comments:
highly recommended if you want to run iniquity 2.0 [*****]

iq220ajp.zip
that fixes y2k compliance and a variety of bugs and makes a few small
changes/improvements. the last jack phlash release? by: jack phlash comments:
highly recommended if you want to run iniquity 2.0. this version has some minor
issues with the new screen pausing code, mainly, it doesn't work right. Smile i
recommend that you simply turn it off until v3.00 is released. [*****]

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........
--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/05/03 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbS>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (1:105/420)

From: Jim Haight (1:322/757)
To: All
Date: Tue, 01.06.21 09:10
Re: Iniquity BBS and Doors
> JH> > Iniquity... is that the one that has a backdoor left in it?
> JH> > Nick

> JH> Does it? I did not know if it did or not...

> jACK pHLASH did some updates to fix y2k stuff some time back, and there IS a
> current github Iniquity/2 project... but development seemed to have stalled
> very early. Currently, it only has a scripting language that you can... code
> up to handle users as they login. The link to that project is:

> https://github.com/iniquitybbs/iniquity

I set it up with Net2BBS and it runs nicely. I've always liked the built in
Tetris but I know that's just whistles and bells. Just wanted to install a few
doors and have something different. Thanks for the URL
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: (1:322/757)