Fidonet Portal

From: Flavio Bessa (4:801/188)
To: All
Date: Thu, 08.04.21 14:06
Q at Picard
So, this week we've learned that Q will be at the second season of Picard...
What are your thoughts on this?

--
Flavio Bessa - 4:801/188 - Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
fcbessa@gmail.com

--- Thunderbird/MacOS 78.6.0
* Origin: Andromeda - Saturn's Orbit NNTP Gateway (4:801/188)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Thu, 08.04.21 18:27
Re: Q at Picard
Hi Flavio,

On 2021-04-08 12:06:26, you wrote to All:

FB> So, this week we've learned that Q will be at the second season of
FB> Picard... What are your thoughts on this?

I don't know, I still have to watch the first season...

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
* Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)

From: CRAIG DOOLEY (1:123/126)
To: All
Date: Thu, 08.04.21 13:41
Re: Q at Picard
BY: Flavio Bessa(4:801/188)

FB> So, this week we've learned that Q will be at the second season of
FB> Picard...
FB> What are your thoughts on this?

I think it's great. John DeLancie did an amazing job as Q, and I'm anxious to
see him portray the character again. He's really a great actor.

I just hope the storyline is good.

--- WWIV 5.7.0.development
* Origin: ** The Trading Post [SOUTH] BBS -=- Columbia, SC ** (1:123/126)

From: Anna Christina Nass (2:240/5824.1)
To: All
Date: Thu, 08.04.21 19:09
Re: Q at Picard
Am 08.04.21 schrieb Flavio Bessa@4:801/188 in TREK:

Hallo Flavio,

FB> So, this week we've learned that Q will be at the second season of
FB> Picard... What are your thoughts on this?

Oh cool Smile

I think this will be pretty interesting. I liked the character of Q and
its interaction with Mon Capitain Smile

I've just watched the trailer - and I'm looking forward to the new season.

The first season was quite nice, I liked it as it catered some of the
original TNG feeling that the other so-called Star Trek Movies and STD
missed.

Regards,
Anna

--- OpenXP 5.0.49
* Origin: Imzadi Box Point (2:240/5824.1)

From: Jay Harris (1:229/664)
To: All
Date: Thu, 08.04.21 19:02
Re: Q at Picard
*** Quoting Craig Dooley from a message to Flavio Bessa ***

CD> I think it's great. John DeLancie did an amazing job as Q, and I'm
CD> anxious to see him portray the character again. He's really a great
CD> actor.

I wonder if they're going to CGI him young looking to start and then he'll
"take pitty" on how much older Picard looks and then age himself to how he
looks today.

Jay

... Death is hereditary
--- Telegard v3.09.g2-sp4/mL
* Origin: Northern Realms | 289-424-5180 | bbs.nrbbs.net (1:229/664)

From: Nigel Reed (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Fri, 09.04.21 14:12
Re: Q at Picard
Flavio wrote:
> So, this week we've learned that Q will be at the second season of Picard...
> What are your thoughts on this?

I never liked the Q episodes. I can do without it.
--- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
* Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Thu, 29.04.21 17:21
Re: Q at Picard
Hi Flavio,

On 2021-04-29 11:33:40, you wrote to me:

FB>>> So, this week we've learned that Q will be at the second season of
FB>>> Picard... What are your thoughts on this?

WvV>> I don't know, I still have to watch the first season...

FB> I must confess I expected more from the first season, but it
FB> was very interested, and faithful to established canon.

I must say it's not high on my "must watch list", because of the somewhat
moderate reviews...

From: CRAIG DOOLEY (1:123/126)
To: All
Date: Thu, 29.04.21 19:04
Re: Q at Picard
BY: Wilfred van Velzen(2:280/464)

WvV> I must say it's not high on my "must watch list", because of the
WvV> somewhat moderate reviews...

My wife and I just finished watching Picard Season 1. We enjoyed it. It
wasn't great, but it had some great and fun moments. It's a little slow and
disjointed at times. It does get better as the season progresses.

I think it's worth watching. I'm looking forward to Season 2, but I'm a big
JdL fan.

-Craig

he Trading Post [SOUTH] BBS - Telnet: ttps.dyndns.org:2323
WWIVNet - Fidonet - StarNet - FSXNet - SFNet
HobbyNet - PiNet

--- WWIV 5.7.1.0001
* Origin: ** The Trading Post [SOUTH] BBS -=- Columbia, SC ** (1:123/126)