Fidonet Portal

From: DAVID WILLIAMS (1:250/514)
To: All
Date: Mon, 03.09.07 11:34
anyone there?
-> I'm envious. I've seen so many lunar eclipses that I've lost count. I've a

-> seen several partial solar eclipses - one at Christmas time 2000 I think - b

-> I've yet to see a total solar eclipse. I intend to though ... as soon as I

-> get away, I will be chasing them until I see one. The continental US has no

-> had a total eclipse since 1979 and will not have one until 2017 then again i

-> 2024. I hope to live long enough to be at both of them.

I'm in the same position. I did once see an *annular* eclipse of the
sun, which passed right over my house here in Toronto, in the late
1980s, I think. It was interesting, but nowhere near as spectacular as
a total eclipse.

A friend of mine was on vacation in Nova Scotia, sometime around 1970.
He was sunning himself on a beach, and realized that the sun wasn't as
strong as usual. Then a lot of people came with telescopes. He was
right in the path of totality of a solar eclipse, purely by accident. I
wish accidents like that happened to me!

dow
* Origin: The Bayman BBS,Toronto, (416)698-6573 - 1:250/514 (1:250/514)