Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Sat, 03.11.12 21:39
FidoGazette Vol 6 no 18 Page: 3
e-Ministries
by Jon Justvig
November 3, 2012

Issue #: 11

Lets resume on Genesis Chapter 6 in the King James Version Bible.

Genesis 6:1:
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on
the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto
them,

Genesis 6:2:
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that
they were fair; and they took them wives of all which
they chose.

Genesis 6:3:
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive
with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days
shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Here we see the land that God had created on this Earth are now
being filled with people, daughters are being born to labor more
children. Even though the years of life a person could live was
numbered to 120 years, as we see today there was no shortage of
people to fill the land. This was God's plan.

Genesis 6:4:
There were giants in the earth in those days; and
also after that, when the sons of God came in unto
the daughters of men, and they bare children to them,
the same became mighty men which were of old, men of
renown.

Genesis 6:5:
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in
the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts
of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 6:6:
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the
earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Genesis 6:7:
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have
created from the face of the earth; both man, and
beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the
air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Since the fall of man (the first Adam), the nature of human live
became more and more corrupt. God saw this and he was not happy.
Not only was the land beginning to fill up with people, God wants
to start over with his creation of people and every living being.
Will he do this again? We'll discuss that later.

Genesis 6:8:
But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Genesis 6:9:
These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just
man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked
with God.

Genesis 6:10:
And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Genesis 6:11:
The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth
was filled with violence.

Genesis 6:12:
And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was
corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the
earth.

Many of you know the story of Noah and how he created an ark (or
a giant boat with covering), filled it with his family and every
two of every living thing. Noah was a good man and right with
God, he had His favor. When the Earth is filled with violence,
we know God is not happy. So remember be love and be good to one
other brothers and sisters.

Genesis 6:13:
And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come
before me; for the earth is filled with violence
through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with
the earth.

Genesis 6:14:
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou
make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and
without with pitch.

Genesis 6:15:
And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of:
The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits,
the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it
thirty cubits.

Genesis 6:16:
A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit
shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark
shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower,
second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

It is interesting that God had told Noah not only to build this
giant boat to float on the waters as he gets ready to flood the
earth, but he had also told him to create a window. What is this
window you make ask yourself for?

Genesis 6:17:
And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters
upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the
breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing
that is in the earth shall die.

Genesis 6:18:
But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou
shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy
wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

Genesis 6:19:
And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every
sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them
alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

Genesis 6:20:
Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their
kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his
kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep
them alive.

Genesis 6:21:
And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten,
and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for
food for thee, and
for them.

Genesis 6:22:
Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Noah has created an ark, a window for the ark and has command
over every living thing on earth, two of every kind, male and
female that they shall fill the earth once more.

***

If you've enjoyed our meeting, remember to ask your SysOp to carry
MINISTER, an echo with FidoNet if he/she doesn't already. Remember
also to keep your head up high. May God bless you and keep you!

*** This conclude this issue of e-Ministries provided by Jon Justvig.

FIDOGAZETTE Vol 6 No 18 Page 3 November 1, 2012

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)