Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Sun, 07.03.21 21:37
R.I.P. Mama
Hi Mark,

>>> we're burying Mama cat today Sad Sad Sad

>> Sorry I missed your message in here last month, Mark! Sometimes it's hard
>> to lose our furry friends.

>it is... since then (2019 actually), i've also buried Tori, Mama's daughter an
> a tortise shell like Mama was,

Ah.. Tortise shell is the same color that Lulu is.. She's so beautiful

> and friday we had services for my youngest son
> (33yo)...

That must have been so darn rough. I'm so sorry.

>> Our two kitties are doing well, though sometimes I swear like heck at
>> Lola Smile Smile She can be a royal PITA, especially in the middle of the
>> night (she's a real yowler!Wink Her sister, Lulu is fine and rarely
>> makes a sound all day and night - as long as I _don't_ run out of
>> "Catnip flavored" treats (seriously, the product name is "Blissful
>> Catnip Flavor") Smile Smile

> i know the feeling... i still have Mama's last two boys, Tori's brothers...
> Ice, an orange tabby, and Blue, a solid stocky blue-grey (no stripes) boy...

Lola is a calico and she is such a big mouth Smile

>i've been letting them stay inside at times and there are times they insist on
>having something in their dishes instead of eating out of the huge Jethro bowl
> of dry food i keep out for them... so what do i do? i go get a handful of dry
> food from the Jethro bowl, put it on their dishes, and they're happy...

hahaha Smile

> they come and get my attention to go out... especially since they have to go
> out to do their business... i found some treats they like but they look at me
> like i'm stoopid and my hair is on fire when i offer them catnip... they have
> nothing to do with it at all... strange but true and weird in a way...

I'm always amazed when I hear about cats that don't like catnip though I've
read about them before.. Smile This litter that Lola and Lulu came from have
always loved it. They were group of feral kittens the local shelter found,
luckily they survived after their mother was killed.

We have a lot of coyotes around here.. you can here them howling some nights.
The shelter found the kittens and we adopted the whole litter. Leo was hit by
a car a few years ago... he was the only male.. Lizzie (named after Lizzie
Borden the shelter told us <lol>) moved in with a neighbor of our when we lived
in Windsor, NY.

> *Jethro bowl: Beverly Hillbillys reference to the son, Jethro, and the huge
> bowl he ate his cereal from...

haha Smile

>"The soul of a small kitten in the body of a mighty dragon. Look on my majesty
>ye mighty, and despair! Or bring me catnip. Your choice. Oooh, a shiny thing!"
> ... C program run. C program crash. C programmer quit.

Smile

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5