Fidonet Portal

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12.73)
To: All
Date: Sat, 06.03.21 19:34
R.I.P. Mama
On 2021 Mar 06 15:31:26, you wrote to me:

>> we're burying Mama cat today Sad Sad Sad

JK> Sorry I missed your message in here last month, Mark! Sometimes it's hard
JK> to lose our furry friends.

it is... since then (2019 actually), i've also buried Tori, Mama's daughter and
a tortise shell like Mama was, and friday we had services for my youngest son
(33yo)...

JK> Our two kitties are doing well, though sometimes I swear like heck at
JK> Lola Smile Smile She can be a royal PITA, especially in the middle of the
JK> night (she's a real yowler!Wink Her sister, Lulu is fine and rarely
JK> makes a sound all day and night - as long as I _don't_ run out of
JK> "Catnip flavored" treats (seriously, the product name is "Blissful
JK> Catnip Flavor") Smile Smile

i know the feeling... i still have Mama's last two boys, Tori's brothers...
Ice, an orange tabby, and Blue, a solid stocky blue-grey (no stripes) boy...
i've been letting them stay inside at times and there are times they insist on
having something in their dishes instead of eating out of the huge Jethro bowl*
of dry food i keep out for them... so what do i do? i go get a handful of dry
food from the Jethro bowl, put it on their dishes, and they're happy...

they come and get my attention to go out... especially since they have to go
out to do their business... i found some treats they like but they look at me
like i'm stoopid and my hair is on fire when i offer them catnip... they have
nothing to do with it at all... strange but true and weird in a way...

*Jethro bowl: Beverly Hillbillys reference to the son, Jethro, and the huge
bowl he ate his cereal from...

)\/(ark

"The soul of a small kitten in the body of a mighty dragon. Look on my majesty,
ye mighty, and despair! Or bring me catnip. Your choice. Oooh, a shiny thing!"
... C program run. C program crash. C programmer quit.
---
* Origin: (1:3634/12.73)